Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Saturday

What a beautiful day it is today! I woke up, after sleeping in a little, made a big pot of coffee and breakfast for my parents. Out of of Isa Chandra Moskowitz's book, "Vegan Brunch," I made the most delicious gingerbread waffles!
Saturday Breakfast
I topped them with berries and fresh banana and then sprinkled powdered sugar. And because it is Saturday, I got to treat myself with sugar in my coffee! Yummm sugar rush :)

Volunteering at the kitty shelter has been going very well. I trained a couple girls on Thursday which was fun and then got to play with the kitties for over an hour after all the chores were done. I sat in one of the runs (we have 4 outdoor enclosures for the cats to play in so they aren't always in their cages), basking in the sunshine with a new buddy on my lap.
Sun bathing
Here's a fun "tree" for the kitties.
Cat Run

ASAP cat

I mentioned earlier in the week I ran with Guinness up in the hills (when that bully dog stole her ball), and I finally got that picture uploaded. the view is spectacular from up there. I hope you enjoy this snapshot.
IMG_5362
And here's the view facing the hills.
IMG_5369

One last happy note: I got my lab results back! I'm within healthy levels in everything they tested me on! Isn't that wonderful? Protein is great, Calcium, liver function, everything! Yay for sticking with veganism and changing my bad habits. I haven't had a cigarette in over 3 weeks :)

1 comment: