Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Boat Trip

Yesterday I was just too exhausted to post all about my day, but this morning I've got a moment to share with you.
I got up at 5am yesterday morning (which I know isn't that early for some of you *cough* Annie) to get down to Ventura on time to board a boat set for Anacapa Island.
I was going with a Work Leader Training group organized by Channel Islands Restoration, to learn how to lead groups of volunteers on this island to work. After several forms were filled out, and a short presentation was finished,
we were off!

Boat on the way to Anacapa Island
Here's looking back at Ventura.
Ventura, CA from the boat to Anacapa Island
Santa Barbara County

And here's where we were headed!
Anacapa Island
Anacapa Island up closer

The weather was beautiful, with Santa Ana (warm) winds blowing on us. I got a little wet on the way over because of choppy water. The sea was too choppy to actually get OFF the boat, but the experience was all the same WONDERFUL! I've gone out to the Channel Islands about 1-3 times and this trip just reminded me how much I really enjoy being out on the ocean. I need to do this more often!

On the way home, I drove through downtown Ventura (which is beautiful btw!) and then Summerland.
Such a fun day!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I totally forgot to ask you about this when I saw you. haha. Sounds like fun. Will you be volunteering there too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful views and I bet the air smelled soo good too!

    ReplyDelete