Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Happy It's June

I'm happy it's June, are you? Kids are getting out of school, the days are crazy long, I'm working on my new garden and my BFF is visiting at the end of this week!

For Mosaic Wednesday I had a hell of a time finding pictures to put in to post. Not because I didn't have enough, I just have so many wonderful pictures I've found from friends and while trolling Flickr, that I couldn't decide on a topic, or theme. Anyway, I went from projects I want to do, to farmstyle, to pendants and finally chose Artist Books.
Art Books I love (Mosaic Wednesday)

I've been looking at so many wonderful crochet projects on flickr as well (as probably noted in my last mosaic!), but never posted my own. So here's what I'm working on now. A blanket! It will almost definitely take me forever, but I know it will be worth it :) Plus, I'm not against taking breaks and crocheting other things for other people, like BABIES! A baby blanket would go a looootttt quicker than what I have in mind hehe
WIP: grannyhex blanket

I worked on a hexagon while I met with my Creative Sustainability group at Fairview Gardens last Saturday. God, it was a fucking fine-ass day and we had a great time talking about crocheting, composting and cool books we're reading. Here's Jeanette and her daughter in law crocheting at the table, with filtered sun coming down on us and chatting.
Creative Sustainability Meetup Group
Next meeting is in 2 Saturdays, come check us out at Meetup! Search Creative Sustainability.

I went to my last volunteer session at Roosevelt today :( I was helping out in a second grade classroom once a week with Language Arts and they are all graduating tomorrow! So yesterday, putting it off as I love to do, I went to the craft store to get some beads to spell out "I <3 writing" for simple crocheted bracelets. I went just about fucking nuts because I couldn't find the darn things for the life of me. I always hated those tacky beads at Michael's and other craft stores who can't seem to get enough of them, allowing them miles of space for display, but I figured the kids weren't going to give two hoots, being in 2nd grade and liking anything colorful. This combined with my paltry budget, I had decided on the simple plastic alphabet letters, and of course, the one time I want those devlish beads they were n'er to be found. NO WHERE. Over an hour later, I gave up on the stupid beads and decided on making books instead.
Booklets
Booklets
Thankfully they were awesomely received and I even got a "Thank You" book made by the class for myself to take home!

Now I'm working on making new signs for the farm stand and painting egg cartons. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment